Saturday, June 25, 2011

Day #18 - State Number 4

I started biking this morning around 7:30. After biking over the Mississippi River I was in Missouri and for the first 9 miles it was flat. The last 91 miles was through part of the Ozark Mountains. It was hilly and pretty tough but I did it. It was my first day to ever bike 100 miles all by myself. Tomorrow I'm planning on biking another 100 miles and get as far as I can before the wedding. I didn't take any pictures today but I forgot to post this one yesterday. So. Here it is.


After Stephen left, I, Mr. G went to tour state parks in the area. There were two state parks in Illinois that were old French forts. One had a nice view of the Mississippi but the only part of the fort left was the foundation. The other fort was intact and was fairly large. They both had fancy French names that I can't remember. I also visited a historic home of an early Illinois statesman. All the parks were quiet with very few people. I met Stephen for lunch in Farmington, Missouri and then went to two state parks in Missouri. One was an old iron mine and the last was known for it's rock formations. I finally met Stephen in Centerville where we are camping on the courthouse lawn. I feel much better. I'm not stressed, my stomach isn't upset anymore and I am able to relax. I think I might get bored though. Tomorrow I may go to St Louis and go to the zoo and the arch.


Stephen Rosenberger.
Mr. G.

Location:Main St,Centerville,United States

4 comments:

  1. Hi Stephen and Brian. The troop is on its way to summer camp. We hope that you have a great day. Be safe and everyone says hi.

    - Larry and Troop 114


    P.S. (This part is from Todd) Hope y'all are having loads of fun and seeing uber-awesome things. I want to hear all about them when y'all get home!! Be safe and remember y'all have tons of support back at home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi son,
    We like to read your blog, but we LOVE pictures.
    Please take pictures. I hope Mr. G gets some good ones from the zoo.
    Have a wonderful safe ride.
    See you soon.
    With love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rock on chap!That is awesome! You on time??

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're awesome! You can totally do a 100 miles tomorrow! Go, fight, win! Persevere until the end! :D Praying for you!!

    ReplyDelete