Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Day #22 - Biking in Kansas.

Slept in a little this morning waking up at 6:30. We took our time going to eat at a local cafe and by 8 o'clock I was biking away. Biking in Kansas is a lot different than through the mountains in other states. I kept a steady pace, biking one mile every three minutes. If you do the math that's 20 mph. [Mrs. Craig, I may not be the best in english, but I know my math. :)] I biked 80 miles today and am looking forward to the days off in Colorado. I'm super excited for my brother and Maresa!! Tomorrow we are driving to meet up with my family. Then, Mr. G is going to meet with his family. This marks my half-way point across America, both in distance and time. It is quite sad that Mr. G is leaving. After the wedding I'll be meeting up with Dave, another biker I met on the trail. He and I are going to finish the trip excited together.

Mr. G - Today I visited Ft Scott National Historical Site.


This park was way different than the other parks I visited. It was much larger and had over a dozen buildings that were in good shape with museum quality displays in each one. Since I had a lot of time, I spent the whole morning there. After meeting Stephen for a late lunch, he biked for only a few more hours and we stopped early, 4:15. We ended up at a state park in Toronto, Kansas, with a lake to swim in and showers.


We even cooked our dehydrated meals and had time to play frisbee in the lake and play cards. I know I didn't finish the trip like I had dreamed of, but I feel good about what I did and am ready to see my family. I hope Stephen is able to complete the trip. I have really enjoyed traveling with him.


Stephen Rosenberger.
Mr. G.

Location:S Douglas St,Toronto,United States

4 comments:

  1. Hey Stephen, I see you made it this far in Kansas without falling asleep at the handlebars. Have a great little break with your family.

    Brian, feel free to stop in if going through here and say hi to Mary. Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Stephen,
    Enjoy your time with your family. When will you be back on the road?
    I hope your leg was not too sore today.
    Mr. G - I guess I'll see you next week. Have a safe trip home.
    Take care.
    Your friend,
    Larry F.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    Can't wait to see you!
    Thank you Mr. G for taking care of Stephen, I know he's going to miss you.
    Get some rest boys - you look tired:)
    Tomorrow,
    Mom Rosenberger

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI STEPHEN!!!!
    1. I finally figured out how to "follow" your blog officially! Yea for technology. I got a new FANCYPANTS computer in my classroom...and your blog isn't BLOCKED! BRILLIANT!
    2. You are having the most awesome, RANDOM trip I've ever heard of. I'm SOOO glad you're ok from all the trauma! Good thing you're such a BEAST! Rearview mirror...WHAT REARVIEW MIRROR! Wasp? WHAT WASP???? I'm really glad to hear you're soldering forward with GUSTO!
    3. Flash. Is. Awesome. ....Not as awesome as Kevin....but close. Kevin wins because he is Snuggly!
    4. I'm sorry to hear Mr. G. isn't going to make it, but I'm so happy you're going on...and you even have people to ride with, too!
    5. I rode 62 miles this past Sunday, and I got my first flat tire. Not fun, but I felt VERY accomplised after changing my own tire! I'm almost ready to handle getting hit by a car....um..maybe not!
    6. I'm praying for you, and I can't wait to see pictures from the WEDDING! Yippee! Tell the family hello!
    Ciao!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete