Sunday, June 26, 2011

Day #20 - Hogs Make Good Dogs.

I woke up around 5:30 this morning to bike with my new compadres.


I ate breakfast at a Hardee's with Mr. G then took off. It was awesome being able to talk and bike with other bikers.....I started talking to myself after a few days of biking alone. All the way through Kentucky Mr. G and I were chased by dogs, but today, our group of bikers were actually chased by a hog. We were biking down a state road heading toward Hartville, when we saw something big in the yard infront of us and the next thing we new it was chasing us. I am definitely seeing some crazy things on this trip. I biked 65 miles today, ending up in Marshview. We are staying at the McLaughlin's house tonight, a friend of the Gedelian'. Jeanie McLaughlin, the wife, actually biked across America the first year Adventure Cycling put out the maps in 1976.... And yes, they did have electicity back then. We've definitely had a great time visiting with them, and they served us an amazing supper. Tomorrow I'm planning on biking into Kansas :).

Mr. G - I spent the morning at Alley Springs, a site along the Ozark National Scenic Riverway.


This was the same place that Stephen rested at yesterday. I didn't see Stephen until 4:00 because we couldn't get cell reception. Stephen made it to Marshfield around 6:00 and we drove to my friend Jeannie' s house were we showered, got fed and are able to sleep in a real bed.


Stephen Rosenberger.
Mr. G.

Location:W Stone Meadow Way,Battlefield,United States

3 comments:

  1. Yup, looks like Missouri! My mom is from Missouri so she wanted me to tell you, "Welcome!" ;) You are gonna have to tell me about the hog story cause that sounds hilarious..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Stephen,
    I missed reading your blog for several nights. I was with the scouts at summer camp.
    I hope you had a good day today. I guess you're in or near Kansas by now.
    Be careful - I believe they have hogs in Kansas too.
    Take care buddy,
    Mr. F.
    Mr. G - I think your snake misses you. It stays under the shredded bark all the time.
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! Fish in the water man! That's hilarious.. Like the pic..

    ReplyDelete