Saturday, June 25, 2011

Day #19 - Ozark Mountains.

Took off at 6:30 this morning to beat the heat, and thank goodness I did because around 12 o'clock it was steaming. Missouri is a little bit humid, but I'm used to it living in Texas my whole life. Today I biked 85 miles to Houston, Missouri..... Which is in Texas County. So.. In a sense we are in Houston Texas :).
Today's ride was pretty tough, hot, and long. The whole time I was going up and down mountains. Here in Houston we met three more bikers. They are friends from college and wanted to bike across the country as graduates. Tomorrow I'm going to bike a little ways with them then continue on to my destination.
One thing I find pretty fascinating about the Ozarks are the rivers and springs here. I stopped at Alley Springs today, which, someone I met this morning informed me was one of the four prettiest springs in the country. I don't know if that's a fact or if he said it because that's what he thinks but it sure was amazing.


Tomorrow is going to be another 85 miles day, finishing off most of the Ozarks.


Mr. G - I drove to St. Louis after Stephen got started this morning. I had been to the arch twice before so I decided to go to the zoo. The zoo was huge and busy on a Saturday. It is well laid out with the cages for the animals looking very natural. I got there at 9:00 and finished around 2:00, so I didn't have time to go anywhere else. I made it to Houston just a few minutes before Stephen did.



Stephen Rosenberger.
Mr. G.

Location:Bryan St,Houston,United States

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    Sounds like God's country. I'm happy that you are able to appreciate this great country of ours, mile by mile. Good news that you found three more bikers to bike with even if it's just for the day. Does Mr. G know they were at Philmont the same time y'all were there?
    I love zoos! I told Stephen that St. Louis Zoo would have been a good one to visit, he said he was a little tempted yet wanted to stay focused and bike.
    You have a wonderful day!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete