Thursday, July 28, 2011

Day #52 - I Made It.

Well. Today was THE day. We woke up at 7 o'clock to bike only 85 miles into San Francisco. I crashed again. On the way to San Francisco, Cameron and I were biking pretty close to each other when he stopped. I didn't have enough time to slow down and biked right into his back tire. Thankfully no one was hurt, but the front tire on my bike was bent and a spoke broke. I didn't know what I should do. But. I finished out the last 60 miles of the day with a broken, bent, and flat front tire. Cameron's bike was a bit beat up too, both our bikes need a doctor. We finally made it to a ferry which took us into San Francisco.


It was pretty legit. The inside was built like an airplane, only a thousand times bigger, and had a back deck. I promise you, the ferry was going like 55 mph. We rode under a few bridges and by Alcatraz, which we will be visiting sometime tomorrow!


After the ride we finished the trip off by riding a last 6 miles to the Golden Gate Bridge. WE BIKED ACROSS AMERICA! I feel accomplished! I don't know what to think about it yet though. I'm just so excited about everything. We will be staying in San Francisco until the 31st. And. I don't care what anyone tells you. But. San Francisco is Cold!


I like it though. I'll continue to blog and post pictures until I make it home. I'd like to just say thank you to everyone who read, supported and prayed for me!

Facts about the trip:
1] I burned about 329,535 calories.
2] I biked 3967 miles.
3] I biked through 9 states.
4] I spent around 315 hours on my bike.
5] We survived the Loneliest Road in America.
6] I saw a Sea Lion in San Francisco.







Stephen Rosenberger.

Location:Gateway Blvd,South San Francisco,United States

6 comments:

  1. Way to go son! My tenacious one of mine.
    You did it! With God's grace. Amen!
    We are sooooooo proud of you and can't wait to see you.
    Have a wonderful time visiting San Francisco! Did you know there was a flood there in 1901? Learn about the history while you're not riding now.
    Congratulations! 3967 times!
    Love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU DID IT!!! :D I am SO incredibly proud of you! :)
    It has been awesome reading your blog and seeing how many exciting adventures you've had, how many people you've meet and become friends with, how God has provided and been with you this whole trip, how you have persevered and just how much fun you've had! :D You're awesome!
    I'm so happy that you were able to bike across America and accomplish your dream Stephen :)
    Have fun in San Francisco :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Stephen!!!!
    You did it and I'm very proud of you. I've really enjoyed reading your blogs and keeping up with this incredible adventure that you have accomplished.
    You will need to write a book about your adventures and the people you have met across America.
    Enjoy your time in San Francisco.
    I hope to see you next week.
    Your friend,
    Mr. Fusaro

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Stevo!!!!!!!!!!! Cant wait for you to get home!!! Have fun and поздравления!!!!!! God bless
    -Nova

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulation, now the memories are what is left. You have a life long accomplishment and it will be one of the most important thing in your life. larry gildon

    ReplyDelete