Friday, July 15, 2011

Day #39 - KO.

Today was an exciting day! We started biking around 7 a.m. and just 25 miles into the day we made it to Utah.


Utah's winds are horrible. To avoid them we are going to start biking even earlier than normal, take a long break, and then bike again in the evening. We tested this out today, and have come to the conclusion that it's a good idea. Don't worry, everyone bought bright bike lights and it's safe because the roads we are biking on are lightly traveled. There were 5 flats today, everyone got at least one except for me and Stehl. And. This morning, right when we were entering Utah, I crashed. It wasn't a serious crash though, just scrapes and bruises everywhere. What happened was Cameron had gotten a flat so I looked down at my tires to check if I had one too, meanwhile, he stopped to fix his tire and I biked straight into him. Cameron is okay though. We biked 90 miles today, 20 of which were in the evening. The views here in Utah are remarkable! I didn't have my camera for the last 20 miles, but I'll do my best to take pictures of everything tomorrow. This place looks like it is where The Planet Apes was filmed.


Stephen Rosenberger.

Location:Rio Puerco,Albuquerque,United States

2 comments:

  1. *OUCH*
    KO'd in Utah...
    Hang in there Bro!
    Just a few more states to go.

    faith, hope & love,
    the Dupre's

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! That's funny! You biked into him. Wow

    ReplyDelete