Thursday, July 21, 2011

Day #45 - Nevada.

We woke up this morning planning to bike only 116 miles. After knocking out 55 miles before 10 o'clock we decided to bike a total of 140 miles and catch up with the other MS group. Today's wildlife sitings include a Hawk, a Horned Lizard and a Golden Eagle.


It was the first time I have ever seen an Eagle in the wild. Cool beans! The weather is getting hotter as we move deeper into the desert. We made it into Nevada today.


Which means, we only have one more state to bike through afterwords :). We asked the locals if it becomes real desert further in West Nevada [as in nothing but sand] but he said it doesn't... To me, it looks like West Texas. We will be biking with the larger MS group or the next few days. Along with that, I met back up with some bicyclists I biked with in Kansas today. That is one of the coolest things about biking across the country, meeting up with other bikers over and over.


Stephen Rosenberger.

Location:United States

2 comments:

  1. Hey Stephen
    The picture you posted does look like West Texas.
    I'm sure it will be much hotter until you reach the
    Sierra Mountains. It's a good thing you have already crossed Kansas
    A few days ago one spot in Kansas had a heat index of 129 degrees!
    So take care my young friend.
    Mr. F.
    P.S. I've really enjoyed reading your blog. You've done a great job
    keeping us informed informed about your trip. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Son,
    Somehow I missed you getting into Nevada. Congrats! I can't believe you made it thus far. Remarkable!
    You are so young to me, but yet so GROWN up. Come back to TEXAS! We miss you.
    We've (I've) been getting ready to see your relatives and friends at the Wedding Reception on Saturday that I must have missed reading a day or two.
    Sorry.
    Love you, mom

    ReplyDelete